If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (781) 647-9100

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

What To Do When You See Mold in Waltham, Mass.

9/7/2018 (Permalink)

Mold Remediation What To Do When You See Mold in Waltham, Mass. Trust professionals to remediate mold in your home or workplace

Who loves hazy, hot, and humid weather in Waltham, Mass.? Mold and other microbes. Their spores are circulating constantly in the air looking for ideal conditions to grow and reproduce. 

Hot and muggy summer days are ideal for microorganisms looking for a home, and they will not hesitate to settle in your home if you do not control the humidity. By the time you see their colonies, you have a full-blown infestation. 

What should you do when you see mold in Waltham?

Find the Water Source

Mold growth may result from humidity in the air that could be controlled by an air conditioner or dehumidifier. A previously undetected leak from plumbing, an appliance, or a damaged roof may be to blame. Improperly vented bathrooms or clothes dryers may also be the culprits.

Wherever the moisture is coming from, you will not successfully solve a mold problem until you solve the moisture problem.

Consult a Professional for Mold Remediation

Improper treatment of microbial growth can have health effects on building occupants and may lead to repeat infestations. Ignoring an outbreak will only make the problem bigger. 

Some people see mold and think that setting up a fan to blow away the moisture is sufficient treatment. Unfortunately, this has the effect of circulating spores and mycotoxins in the air that may affect the health of people and pets.

Others might tell you an outbreak can be treated with bleach. This may be true if the microbial growth is confined to non-porous surfaces like bathroom tiles, but bleach cannot penetrate porous materials like drywall and carpets to draw out the microbes. Additionally, dead mold can trigger an allergic response in some building occupants, so even dead mold must still be removed. 

Only an experienced, certified mold remediation specialist is equipped  to evaluate the extent of your building’s infestation and recommend the proper steps to take to safely remediate the problem. 

SERVPRO Mold Remediation Technicians

Our mold remediation crews are certified by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification to follow the latest industry standards for remediating microbial growth and ensuring the safety of building occupants. We offer free estimates and can work with your insurance company for covered losses. 

Call SERVPRO of Waltham/Weston/Watertown/Wayland for a free estimate at the first sign of mold. We will make it “Like it never even happened.”

Other News

View Recent Posts